Monday 12 March 2012

On My Coffee Table: Count Your Blessings by Dr Dematrini


Count Your Blessings: The healing power of gratitude and love by Dr F Dematrini
Six years ago when my husband was leaving his old company, they gave him the book as a present. I was reading the book for the sixth time over the weekend but there is a story behind this book, now do not lough at me or judge. The story goes like this, my husband first brought the book home and finished reading the book, and he had tried unsuccessfully to get me to read it. the book must have been in our house for more than 8 months before I could actually commit to reading it, I had tried a couple of times to read the book but could not get past the first chapter, then one time after one of our heated arguments, I decided that I was going to give him the silent treatment.
You know being as talkative as I am it was not going to be easy since at the time we were traveling together for about 70 kilometres to and from work. I thought reading this book in the morning while we drive to work will be the best tool to use in ignoring him. Little did I know that it was exactly the book I needed to grow as a person spiritually. I have since kept the book on “my coffee table” and I always go back to it for reference or to remind myself about the importance of gratitude and counting my blessings in my life.
In the book Dr Demartini teaches about the importance of counting your blessings, he teaches that every single experience in a person’s life is there to teach a lesson, if you do not learn from an experience, you will probably meet the same people or the same experience until you learn the intended lesson. So this is the perfect book for me whenever I have an unpleasant experience that seems familiar, I always go back and read it again. The book teaches you how to turn stressful situations into an inspiring learning experience. You learn how to transform the negativity of your fears and problems into positive actions. The author challenges you about the victim mentality and gets you to take responsibility for your life moving forward. Count your blessing has been an inspiration and a blessing that I keep coming back to over and over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment